domingo, 20 de julio de 2008

About me

I´m not sure how to write how I´m feeling or what I´m thinking today. Goodbyes are coming soon and it is really hard to swallow. It feels like we just got to know some of the boys and are only beginning to understand their thoughts and their lives.
I have written a lot about what I am learning in the context of the lives of the kids here. They are the central piece of my experience, and I hope that I will never be able to forget them. God has also been doing a lot in me. He is healing past wounds and opening me up to people around me in new ways. He is softening me. And it is breaking my heart.
I am learning how to be, and how to wait. I am learning that it is ok for things to take time. Some of you who know me well, know that though I am very patient with other people, I have a very difficult time being patient for things in my own life. God is showing me the beauty of his time. The beauty of living, being, and breathing in the things around me. Where I am right now.
I am learning how to see myself as beautiful and loved. So often I let a poor view of myself affect how I love others. But God wants me to have the same grace for myself that I try to have for these kids. He has forgiven me, and he wants me to let go of all the ways I hinder myself from living and loving.
My heart is breaking over the thought of leaving. Please pray for our goodbyes this week, that the kids would know how much we love them. And also for the transition back to the States, that I wouldn´t lose all the incredible lessons I´ve finally been open to learning.

No hay comentarios: