miércoles, 23 de julio de 2008

shining shoes and other things

My thoughts are swirling today. We are leaving soon. We are planning a little party after tomorrow´s soccer game. Our team is experiencing conflict and redemption in that conflict. I don´t really know where to start today.
I think what I want to focus on, is a moment yesterday. We asked a few of the boys to teach us how to shine shoes. It was fun and funny as I tried to wield the rag with enough strength and speed to make the snapping noise they always make. But what I was thinking about was posture. I was sitting at his feet attempting to clean his shoes. It almost feels like bowing. These kids do this almost everyday. Do they feel less because they are in that postion so often? Do they think about it that way at all? Or was it just me coming into their perspective? I don´t have an answer but it is causing me to think more and more about how the boys are seen, and how they see themselves. And how I can love them and pray for them.
As far as redemption goes, I am learning more and more. I always used to think that conflict could only end badly. I used to think that redemption was a difficult place to find and live in. But today after witnessing yet another example of working through the hard stuff, I am learning that it can be a valuable place for growing love.
My heart is sad with leaving and wondering about the boys. I knew coming here that I would feel this way, but not to this extent. The next few days will be good but difficult.

No hay comentarios: