miércoles, 2 de julio de 2008

Praying

My teammate Michelle is almost constantly praying. It is really good to be around a constant reminder. I think for a time, I forgot how to pray for others. How to commune with God and just be with Him. He is reminding me how good it is to be with Him. I know that those of you who read these posts are all in very different places. Maybe talking to God is something you used to do and now doesn´t make sense. Maybe it´s something you do all the time like Michelle.
I just know that being with God, although seemingly intangible, is something I can sometimes sense. And it is so good to not feel alone. God loves these kids in the park more than I will ever be able to fathom. Maybe part of being here, is learning to see the way He sees. To see the kids in the park not as invisible, but as so visible and so loved. As so worthy of grace and care.
One of the kids works to support his grandfather. A ten year old kid working to support a family. It´s nothing new hear. In fact it is an old story. Kids working to carry a weight I have never had to know. My childhood was so different from theirs. But I hope that we can have grace for each other in that I want to know. I want to enter into their stories and their dreams. I want to fight with them for their desires to be part of a family, to be seen as more than a shoe shiner.
I know that the work is slow. But I have to believe that it does something to know their names and their faces. To stop and say hello and give them a few minutes out of my day.
I hope that I will never be able to forget the forgotten.

No hay comentarios: